How can I try it?
The WebVR API is currently available in Firefox Nightly builds, in Chrome 56+ for Android and experimental builds of Chromium for Windows, and in the Samsung Internet Browser for Gear VR. You can get the latest WebVR-enabled builds here:
- Download Chrome for Android or Windows (Experimental) (read instructions)
- Download Firefox (read instructions)
- Samsung Internet Browser for Gear VR (read instructions)
You can test your browser's support for the WebVR API with these samples:
How can I contribute?
The best place to contribute is the WebVR mailing list. Developers of the Chrome, Firefox, and Samsung Internet Browser builds are on that list, as well as other community members who are enthusiastic about VR on the Web.
How can I get the code?
The code that powers WebVR is available online, if you want to take a peek under the hood:
For the time being, use the following links to view and report issues with WebVR implementations:
- Chrome issues (file issue)
- Firefox issues (file issue)
- Samsung Internet Browser for Gear VR issues (file issue)